Wednesday, February 22, 2006

World without the NET

BEGINNING 00:00 HRS ON THE 18/19TH THE WORLDWIDE WEB WILL BE OFF CYBERSPACE FOR SEVEN DAYS FOR MAJOR CONCEPTUAL, INTERSPATIAL, INTERDIMENSIONAL AND TEMPORAL CHANGES. ALL SERVERS EVERYWHERE WILL SHUT DOWN, AND WILL REMAIN SO TILL 00:00 HRS 25/26TH FEBRUARY. SINCE WE WOULD BE INCORPORATING CERTAIN RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN QUANTUM COGNITION AND UNIFIED FIELD STUDIES INTO THE UPGRADED VERSION OF THE INTERNET ALL CYBER DEVICES REPEAT ALL DEVICES MUST REMAIN UNPLUGGED FROM POWER SOURCES, AND MUST ON NO ACCOUNT BE PLUGGED IN OR SWITCHED ON TILL 00:00 HRS 25/26TH FEBRUARY. THE EMBARGO INCLUDES ALL HAND HELD DEVICES.

FURTHER, FOR REASONS AFOREMENTIONED ALL HUMAN THOUGHT MUST REMAIN SUSPENDED DURING THE CRITICAL INTERVAL LEST NEURAL ACTIVITY INTERFERE WITH THE UPGRADATION PROCESS. VIOLATIONS COULD, NEEDLESS TO SAY, HAVE COSMIC REPERCUSSIONS, AND WOULD THEREFORE ATTRACT SEVERE PENALTIES.

YOU HAVE 72 HOURS TO SHUT DOWN BEGINNING NOW.


ADMINSTRATORS



I had stopped enjoying small things of what makes life. The net had become my world...Could not imagine life without the net....

Was it good? Bad? It did take some time to sink in. Thought it was some kind of a joke....Called up my friends, the media....all sources said it was true....

Only then the enormity of the situation hit hard....Imagining it...I could not imagine it....How was I going to survive?

As far as I could see, I had become a net addict. Sitting in front of my computer, chatting away to glory to my virtual friends. I had neglected my home, my work, almost uncaring. Who cared, anyways! Not me, not me. The virtual world had become my real world. Wake up, log on and get going the whole day till midnight....sometimes beyond! That’s what it was now.

Anyways, No need speculating over it. No doubt it will be a problem but I was not the one give in to anything. It was going to affect the whole world and I was just a tiny speck in there.

There were things to be done. Which I had been neglecting lately. But that too couldn't be done. No human thought! Did it mention, I quit thinking too? Yes...How was it possible?
But it had to be done....no matter how....but how?


The notice couldn't have come at a better time. I really needed a break. From it all.

On the eve of 00.00 hrs 18/19 Feb, I suspended all activities. Went into my room, called out my friends, family...and then just lied down on my bed. Willing away my mind to go empty.... slowly I felt my thoughts receding.... just a calmness and then nothing...nothing.... absolutely nothing...my eyes were open but my mind was blank...completely so...

For how long I do not know.... I did not care. Just a vacant mind, with no thoughts.

I never realized when I fell asleep. And did not realize that there were no dreams/nightmares either. Just sleep, mindless...
My body so light.... my mind so light...Have I ever known this state? Not till date. Will I ever again? Who knows?

And when I woke up, the world was normal. Back to its usual business....

So here I am hitting away the keys, surfing the net, chatting away to glory and back to my virtual world.

But I am thankful for its closure. That way I discovered myself..if you can call it that. Unplugged from my power sources helped me energize myself, just being with myself.....with a mind without any thoughts. It sure does wonders for our well-being. May this happen every year.


Wrote this too for a writing exercise!

1 comment:

Blue Athena said...

Liked this Gautami.

Though we'll all survive it, scary thought though! :)