Thursday, September 27, 2007

ups and downs---Poetry on Thursdays



This week's prompt is
Walking in the World and our host is Tracie Lyn at The Red Door Studio.


with despondency you hang your head
as an addendum, you get back to bed.

nothing seems to move for time being
all your aspirations seem to be fleeing.

up and downs are nothing new to fear
go right ahead, do not let it come near.

explore other areas where you are strong
with the right moves, it won’t go wrong.

impediment are but testing our endurance
why give in to self-destructing grievance?

taking on the world, perish that twisted view-
remember, your loved ones rally around you.


Next week's host is Liz Elayne at be present be here, the prompt being Utopia.

12 comments:

MissGuided said...

Wow, Gautami, for a moment there I thought that this piece was about me and my life ... or was it someone elses? :-)
I guess many people will be able to relate to this in some way, shape or form.
Great work.

paisley said...

i am surely one of this that can relate to it in a very personal way... i don't necessarily have a "rallying" family... but i guess all things told... i am quite blessed to have one at all.......

Deb said...

I particularly like "addendum" used here. Reinforces the intellectual take on the subject.

Carolee said...

i like, "perish that twisted view"

and i'm asking everyone, where is everyone else? travel weary?

Anonymous said...

"explore other areas where you are strong
with the right moves, it won’t go wrong.
"

that's very good advice. :)

Odessa said...

"remember, your loved ones rally around you." - such a beautiful thought. this poem resonates for me as well.

Anonymous said...

It's nice when those loved ones include blogging friends as well.

Well said.

Rambler said...

very inspiring gauthami.

Anonymous said...

Gautami, this one will go on... each word, each couplet worked so well, I never noticed it was rhyming until I started to write my comment. It was the words, not the form that caught my attention - and the first couplet grabbed me and refused to let me ignore the poem.

Tumblewords: said...

Nice work! Universal and inspiring.

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

I like it, and it's nice to read rhymed poetry feels good. I write it from time to time and like its feel.

polona said...

it's easy to relate in one way or another to this one.
excellent!