Friday, November 30, 2007

abstracted---Fiction Friday/Friday 5



What throws your characters off their game?

his brush evenly moved on canvas-
each stroke a masterpiece in itself;
he gave in to his creative instincts-
propelled by inner forces unknown.

sounds of piano was vintage for now,
his fingers refusing to run over keys.
her cries of death never left him-
his life gone, music was cacophony.

in broader scheme of endeavours-
duple functioning of talents so intent,
latently displaying twisted mind-
his assessment had all but ceased.

poignancy harboured inspiration
abstractly painting out his agony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Friday 5 words are:

duple
scheme
vintage
harbour
cease


Combined both Fiction Friday and Friday 5 to write this down. Somehow it has not come out as I wished. Suppose, abstract poetry does not come easy for me.I will get around it some time later. Or maybe not.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gautami,

I did Sunday Scribblings this week.

Perhaps the prompt itself has thrown you off your game? I like the first stanza. :)

Rose

xo

sage said...

you seem to come up with these poems so effortlessly--they're so deep and draw on a wealth of words

gP said...

but its good, maybe abstract poetry just comes when you dont prepare for it, and you are not confined to elements to be used. how do you confine poetry? :)

Anonymous said...

I think Rose might have had it. But that's good because your work does quite nicely reflect the theme. I was afraid the theme didn't really come across in mine, because it's grant that throws Glory off of her game... you know... waking up in a brand new world aside and all.

Nicely done, Gautami.

utenzi said...

I think I've only done Friday 5 once--and it was on somebody else's blog not mine. My vocabulary is pretty good but 'duple' was a new one for me. I had to look it up. I suppose that's where the word 'duplicity' comes from.

Michele sent me over to admire your prose.

paisley said...

i always find friday five to be quite challenging.. i am not one to use a lot of imagery,, i am more emotionally based,, but sometimes these words force it out of you... great write....

poefusion said...

I agree with Sage. You seem to have no trouble writing anything down and giving it life. Your words are always so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your poem. Also, thank you for stopping by Poefusion. I hope to see you their again. Keep up the good work.

Utenzi, feel free to stop by Poefusion anytime. If I haven't already commented on your piece I would like to see it. Where can it be found? Thank you for stopping by.

Christine Swint said...

Gautami, is this a form of sonnet? Just curious.

The painter has abandoned music because it is too painful for him after losing his lover - that is a very anguished image.

Great job with some tough words. i had to look up duple too.

Tumblewords: said...

Nice take on the prompt and using it in conjunction with the Fiction Friday prompt...

Lancelot said...

not bad, kinda downer, but i'm diggin' it.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I liked how he find another let out for grief, better than keeping it all inside. Thank you.

polona said...

you chose a diffidult assignment and did a great job as usual.

little wing writer said...

beautiful...the angst of life well portrayed...had to read it a couple of times to fully understand your story...it was well worth the effort...