Wednesday, February 24, 2010

airing that fire

before I feel you,
I feel the tease of your breath
on my neck-
I close my eyes
suck in my breath,
at the soft touch of you on my shoulder.
you understand my shyness-
your movements are unhurried;
your passion generates fire in me
in that mist of desire
my meager protest disappears
I turn towards you eagerly...

in the aftermath,
you snuggle into my back
and say, "that wasn't difficult, was it?"
cherishing the closeness-
smiling I fall asleep
dreaming of you, of us.

19 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Hands-down beautiful. A hint of erotica, but feeling the love.

anthonynorth said...

Beautiful words today.

Andy Sewina said...

Phew, you know too much!

<3

Julie Jordan Scott said...

absolutely lovely... oh, so lovely.

Linda Jacobs said...

So simple yet powerful! You honor the everydayness of love.

Timoteo said...

Sharing your sensuality with the world. Nice. (Are you going to enter the Silly Poetry Contest? Your scathing wit is highly anticipated.) :)

Daily Panic said...

this was romantic. I like the word shyness it shows hesitation and anticipation.
then eager jumps in...
then there is love in snuggle and sleep
this is just right.

b+ (Retire In Style Blog) said...

Not nuts...very, very sane and alive!

b

http://courtingdestiny.com/

Anya Padyam said...

That was beautiful!!!

(nope - not nuts at all)

Stan Ski said...

'Better than sex' is such a widely mis-used phrase.

Dee Martin said...

Loved it and the title is perfect too.

Angel said...

Just beautiful!

Lorraine said...

Wow, splendid!

sage said...

I like it, so intimate yet discrete

Writing on Board said...

Thank you, G.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Lovely and romantic!

Tumblewords: said...

Romantic and tender. Nice.

Unknown said...

and that very rush..makes it all worth living for with all the troubles..

one more believer said...

the title is everything g!!!!