Saturday, November 01, 2014

marking time

standing underneath the wind chimes
I contemplate about the future
I get over my grey thoughts
as the rain no longer sounds like dirge

I think of you, feel a spark of joy
the sun sees my spilling happiness
and dispels the cold
the birdbaths sway as I find my way to you

no jaded feeling can slash me now 
your mere presence is enough
I have waited a lifetime
I can wait a few more hours

a mirage, a reality-
doesn't matter--
if one wishes for togetherness till eternity

14 comments:

Old Egg said...

Hope and belief in what would make you content in life is well portrayed in this poem. All things are possible if you have faith and determination.

Jae Rose said...

There is such patience and beauty in this poem..really beautiful..and yes if we wait hopefully what we need will find us

Vandana Sharma said...

For being with a loved one one can wait for eternity.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Those swaying birdbaths seem to portend a sizzling meeting!

Whirling with Galway

Sumana Roy said...

hope has miraculous power indeed...

annell4 said...

Yes, I like it!

Natašek said...

that last lines says it all!

Susan said...

How lovely! For a minute--for a line or two--I thought the narrator would falter due to temporary conditions. Whew!

Bill said...

these thoughts
drifting across my mind
wind chimes

Laura said...

beautiful.

ZQ said...

Great theme!
ZQ

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So lovely, especially, having waited a lifetime, being able to wait a bit longer.

Gen Giggles said...

Remembering the happy times does put a smile on the face.

keiths ramblings said...

Sublime.