Sunday, November 16, 2014

soulful lingering

in the highway
subtle is a misnomer
fresh palate hints of sex
toasty thrill of lingering soul
yields but a mix of emotions
speeding tends to the palpitating heart
I burn in the darkness
in the deep stark night
something flickers
everything so silent
except you sitting by the candles
sound of your breathing drives me insane

I close my eyes
my mind travels again on that highway
yet nothing can take away the subtle whiff  
of lingering sex. not while you sit so still..



17 comments:

Kay said...

loving the last two lines.... especially nice write..x

alan1704 said...

Moments that matter and experiences that change us. Very interesting words.

brudberg said...

To travel in that togetherness seems interesting enough..

Kathryn Dyche said...

Loving where you went with this and its sexual charge.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I like the lines "I burn in the darkness/in the deep stark night".

Old Egg said...

I loved how this reads. Sex is such an overwhelming driving force of our emotions colouring every thought.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

silent burn,
powerful remains,

glad to see your talent shine.

Timoteo said...

Sounds like you had a good time!

21 Wits said...

Silent and moving both, your words are profound!

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is an excellent response to the picture. Every detail resounds.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Wonderfully erotic. Kind of makes me wish I had someone to feel this way about.

Anonymous said...

I burn in the darkness
in the deep stark night
something flickers
everything so silent...wonderful

ekta khetan said...

Nice composition.

Justin Lamb said...

Nicely done. Sensual in a tasteful way. You wrote about desire very well.

The Blog of Bee said...

I love where you went with this. Powerful write.

Tess Kincaid said...

Hot and delicious...

anusia said...

Full of heavy emotions. Touchy as well as passionate.