Tuesday, April 18, 2017

complexity of reading old letters

in the bureau, I find some old letters
yellowed, cracked but words still intact
dad, you wrote those to me when I was 15

I had forgotten about those in the gadgetry
of today's lifestyle. However, I had saved the
letters to read again at some point of time

in the deafening silence, I took those out today
and touched the words. Rediscovering your love
is not the highlight. calming me, is what I found.

"money has no meaning when it is not circulated. but what of it, what of it?"

@gautami.tripathy April 18, 2017

2 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Wonderful story of recapturing, for a moment, the actual flavour of the man. You make me think I must finally get out and read those old letters of my late mother's.

C.C. said...

A lovely rediscovery and moment of silence in yesterday's words. I love how you've written of it.